Bozeman city commissioners doing nothing about urban campers!

Larry

If you go to a Bozeman City commissioners meeting, you will find they are more worried about drag queen protection, what kind of art work to put on a new parking garage, gay rights and their protection. Every one of the commissioners are left wing liberals. With these kind of people in there, Bozeman is doomed!

Edited by Larry
Spell check

Larry, you are correct.  The simple solution to urban camping is to prohibit and offer this alternative.  Gallatin County has 24 RV Parks.  That is where these urban campers belong with their RVs.  Or, we have an abundance of wilderness campsites.  Choose one!

Problem is wherever you send them they will trash the place. So we definitely do not want them setting up at wilderness areas. You need law enforcement to actually enforce laws. Fine them, arrest them, punish them for illegal activity. You need to make Bozeman an unpleasant place for them and a place they fear going to because of consequences they will face. That is the only way to solve the issue. 

Does anyone have any past experience with governing bodies regarding Bozeman's policies, laws, or justifications not to enforce existing laws regarding the camping blight? I know around the country this has been a problem because of the Boise case and the 9th circuit court of appeals (I think I've got that right) but it's my understanding a related case recently ruled on by the supreme court overturned or contradicted the 9th circuits decision. That was fairly recently, have any past issues been raised again since that ruling?

I will be be digging deeper into the issue both locally and nationally but thought this might be a good place to start.